Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Aay Pee Yell?


I seriously feel that if you leave me from the count, majority of the world will seem crazy to you~ And that certainly is no understatement! What started with a casual call at 1 p.m. to say hello, turned out to be the day changer for me blessing me with the craziest cricketing extravaganza of recent times. But Ajinkya had different plans and he didn't ask me to come till 4.30 p.m. For general information, the show was to start at 6 p.m. and was to happen at that godforsaken village called Nerul, which is leagues away from my house. They had just left from Lonavala having picked up Amar and that is when they called me and I made a mad rush to Nerul. Now as destiny would have it I got into a fast train at Dadar. You can certainly imagine the sense of pride and satisfaction that an average Mumbaikar has when he manages to get a train which he wants without having to pause at the station. I was so relieved... I was expectantly waiting for Kurla to come... Matunga, Sion..... Kurla comes, Kurla goes.... What ? It went? But... How? Ajinkya was relentlessly calling me to know my location and I had no idea what was going on. I managed to ask a fellow passenger very feebly as to which station will the train stop at? 'Thane'! 'Thane'! God why did I have to erroneously step into a super fast. Pathetic Central Railways cannot even display it anywhere. so Thane it was to be. I kept on calculating the time it would take me to take a Thane fast to Kurla and then the slow to Nerul. Ajinkya would surely would have buried me there itself. Now even Gaurav had added to the 'where are you' party. But then again, was providence would have it, there was a Panvel train waiting, it seemed only for me, at Thane station. I bought tickets and got myself a seat. I was travelling by this route for the first time and I must say the Indian Railways saved my day. The moment I alighted from the train I began running towards the stadium. Huff Puff... Left right... I met Kunal and Amar outside the stadium and we made a dash for Gate 2... I was entering a live stadium for the first time ever in my life!!! Aay Pee Yell here I come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very nice. You are able to put your emotions in writing very well. Nice post btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude
    thanks so very much...
    it felt great

    ReplyDelete