Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Foursome Rick-ride!!!

Carter road Bus Stop, 10.45PM, tired of waiting for the Bus!

Any sane person (ignore people from Mutual) would know that 9/3 = 3! But no! Pratiksha had to do her own Maths and force us into one Rickshaw. No not all nine but 4 of us - Manorath, myself, herself and Pranjali. And mind you - all are from healthy families! So what was the need to commit this sin of cramping four people into the rear seat of a tiny Mumbai Rickshaw? A good observer would conclude that in the given circumstances, with Pratiksha making a decision, you sincerely cannot expect a logical reason! Anyways, I hardly had a choice and so before the others could even realise we had hired an auto and already made ourselves amply comfortable within its dark environs. Guess who sat on whose lap?? Ok no comments! :)
The person's legs pained excruciatingly though, let me inform you all. I got this from my secret agent. And yes even his knees became wobbly after the 'healthy' affair. Regardless, of what their camera could capture, however waste it was, our cameraman started clicking Photos. Manorath then handed over his prized possession to one of the G-Sisters, we shall henceforth call them thus to save space and my typing efforts. Coming back to the Photos, they were yuck! I mean, yes, Y-U-C-K!!! I hereby give a disclaimer that the person whose only visible part are his awesome hair ,shall, under any circumstance, human or otherwise, not be deemed, construed or held to be Satsheel!!!
The rickshaw was filled with chronic laughter. Laughter of all sizes and flavours, varying pitches and differing volume, impregnated the rickshaw. Oh yes, we all were carrying balloons, with Pratiksha holding two. We could barely manage ourselves, so taking care of the balloons was a huge task. There was hardly any space to sit so the balloons were all tucked behind, well almost.
I was afraid that a Policeman would catch us for exceeding the seating capacity and fine us. I was mentally preparing for reasons, with making Pratiksha pay topping the charts!!! I don't know why they wanted to click my pics? They tried vociferously to get a glimpse of my face on the Camera's lens making me momentarily feel like a Celeb. :p
Suddenly, Pranjali screamed 'Chirag!' She seemed to have seen a 'Friend" (ahem ahem!!!) of hers and was excitedly showing us. Hardly did she realise that we would have more sinister ideas than simply looking at random people. Chirag had till then gone ahead and I had not got to see who it was. We asked the Rickshaw-wala to 'Chirag ka Paathlaag Karo' and he actually listened to us. Like a maniac he drove to hit a pothole. Our rickshaw barely managed to avoid tumbling to the left and we thankfully didn't get thrown out of the rickshaw. Pratiksha it seems was going to literally fall out. We stopped at a signal and there was a guy with a girl behind him on a bike on my right. I loudly asked "Kon Chirag?" I didn't know it was him and Pranjali, out of shame didn't even enlighten us. We were later informed that he was peeping inside the rickshaw to see who called out his name. The rickshaw reverberated with cautious laughter. People continued their photographic tirade. We even clicked pics with the Ricksha-wala at Bandra Station. He actually pulled out a scarf to pose for the Photo.

It was one insane Rickshaw ride which I doubt any of us will ever forget. If Chirag ever reads this, know that it was Pranjali, the younger of the G-Sisters, who actually was inside the Rickshaw!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment