Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PART V - The day CPT results were announced!– Thanks!

To confirm my seat number so as to confirm my score herself, my mom called me again. 1-6-0-4-7 and the site is www.caresults.nic.in. I went over to the right half of the lawns to meet the security team. Ayushi, Nisha, Pooja, etc. Salomi joined in too. Now I apologise that I really don’t remember anyone else’s marks, and that’s a fist in my life. I told them to Ripley’s Believe it or not scenario. I halted their celebrations before they even began and told them the importance of confirming it first. Everyone brought out their phones with swift movements and asked me my seat number. All of them including me messaged this to the ICAI sponsored result service. The network was for obvious reasons, Busy! I believe it flashed first on Salomi’s cell. Not sure though. What mattered the most was what the message contained.

All of us began the victory dance. I was too relieved with the confirmation to indulge in momentary fits of dancing. I got Sanjana’s call in between the handshakes. We both didn’t accede to the other’s request of informing the marks first. The next instance, I felt my feet rising into the air. Obviously, I was being lifted. With bewilderment I looked downstairs only to see Pranav. My! I mean it hurt near my ribs. The news had begun spreading though. Not a surprise as I had just told ‘the’ girls.

From there I moved towards the Admin again. On my way, near the college entrance, Sammit touched my feet? What? Feet? Mine? Why? I was too taken aback. But I could see that genuine happiness for a third person emanating from within Sammit which is rare as a 4 legged crow or a crater-less moon. I moved in. Himani allowed me to take the day off at least for a few hours. I told her I had to meet my Professors. She agreed to let me off till after lunch.

Calls had started pouring in. Hrishikesh, I and Sammit made our way out of college, hired a cab and straightaway got down at Manish Sir’s Office. I guess w bought some sweets from somewhere or didn’t we? Anyways. We met Amit sir just after entering the office. All of us touched his feet. He congratulated us and left. Manish Sir was inside the office-cum-articles section. We were lauded with good wishes and cries of good luck. Manish Sir spoke at length with all of us and we did a quick analysis of all the things that had culminated into the most pleasant surprise for him. Thereafter we moved onto our causa prima, our chief mentor, our Maths professors- Sudhir Sir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment