Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PART VI - The day CPT results were announced! – What a memorable day!

Chris called in between. I informed her that I had cleared and she too was happy as she had cleared too. As Chris now reminds me, while on her way to college, Pranav met her at Matunga Station and informed her that I had secured the first rank. In her words they screamed very peculiarly. She then reached college and met Ayushi. They exchanged their scores and then were like – Satsheel came first! Both were like ‘Yay I know’!! It seemed they were happier than me.
We entered from the back door as Sir was teaching people from my batch FyBcom Maths. His face split into the biggest 1000W grin I was to ever see. We touched his feet. He announced to the entire class. He always used to say, “Maths will make the difference! It will decide your rank!” He was so true! Anik Sir also was immensely pleased.
I went to Bullet. The place which had played a very basic role in providing me a place t study. I met Prajakta and gang there on the stairs. A few people had not got marks which they expected to. I felt guilty of telling my marks so once again I simply declared I passed. But Prajakta didn’t rest till I told her my marks and obviously she knew that those marks were sure to have fetched me a rank, but the first rank? Wow! They were awestruck! I met a few other study-buddies and left.
I guess we came back to college thereafter. Admin duty was ever beckoning. The moment entered G4, everyone started clapping and shouting. They had got me a cake too to cut. It was a black forest, the cream of which I can still smell on my face. I stunk of cream the entire day. But the amazing gesture of bringing a cake (brought by Veena and Jui) and also gifting a small Ganesha Idol touched my heart in more ways than one. Thank you everyone and especially Yashshri and Himani!
Calls had begun pouring in the dozens, many people called including Vishi’s Mom. It felt nice! Really nice! Congratulatory messages also began trickling in.
The day ended in all the hustle bustle. I couldn’t stop but smile the whole day, beaming at everyone. I was really stunned myself. The gravity of the situation had begun gripping me. I left for home. On my way I stopped by in Mutual. All were busy playing badminton. I didn’t bother to disturb their play. But the calls gave me in. My friends heard me saying thank you to everyone and hence asked me the reason. It must have struck Amruta or Manorath, not sure, that my results would have been out. I finally confessed. These confessions were increasing my the hour.
At home I directly went for a hot water bath. The cream was taking a toll on my nasal highways. My mom had got sweets which we offered duly to God before consuming them. Dinner was hot, piping Waran-Bhaat! I relaxed and was eating when Arun kaka reached home. He was so happy that he instantly on hearing the news took out a crisp Rs. 500 note and offered it to me. That was the first gift I had got for my CPT results!!! My parents’ happiness knew no bounds. It was and is and will always be their blessings in kind and otherwise and the goodwill of well-wishers to which I dedicate this day to!

7 comments:

  1. finally the words from ur diary translate into a blog post..very well written sat..i could almost feel it word by word..it will be ur day forever..that cake which got smashed on ur face was bought by me and jui!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks. i had taken lot of efforts to make it nice
    and i'm really sorry i didnt know
    i'll change it

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sat!!! thanx for the mention.. i donno bout the rest of the events but the part u said "i guess chris and ayushi were happier than me" was very true... ur first rank delighted me more than u... i guess i was more happy for u than for myself clearing CPT( the sole aim for me at that time was to get abv 140 to enter manish's classes.lolz)
    truly ur success will always delight me and i said "ill see ur photo in the newspapers 10 yrs down the line for all good purposes.) mark my words..
    keep up the winning streak.. m always with u..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for your faith!!!

    and don't be so senti now...

    and give the prelims

    ReplyDelete
  5. heya 2 gud a blog...really cn feel the words...i didnt knw ne of the previous parts...vil alwys remember tht day...i never thought tht my frnd vill get all india first rank...lolz...n its true v were more happy abt the results than u luked...

    ReplyDelete