Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Patching up!

I have been thinking about it from a few days, especially after watching 3 idiots... I spoke to Dhawal and we agreed upon the plan around 3-4 days before Jaie's birthday! I hadn't spoken to her since FYBCOM or so, I'm not sure and I felt it was about time to get rid of such non-sense, kiddish activities. I spoke to Dhawal and we planned to give Jaie a surprise birthday at Candies. Managing it must surely have been tough for Dhawal, given that he had told her he and 'others' were coming, but only I was included therein. I had warned Dhawal that she might just decide to corroborate with Aruna and Prajakta. But thankfully she didn't. The best part of that day was when Dhawal told me he has already got her a gift. When asked what, he very coyly replied that he is ashamed to talk about it. That was the worst reason one could have ever given, due to which I began listing things or acts that could be embarrassing enough to give/do as a gift. But the truth was to unfold later. Meanwhile, I had begun heading towards candies, stopping at the Bandra Birdy's to buy a Chocolate Truffle Cake. I did manage to get some decent words iced which cannot be revealed here. But while on my way, Dhawal called me several times, mostly - as per my understanding - as he could not ward off Jaie's questions about the 'other' people who were to attend the party and secondly as I don't know why! Lol :P. I reached Candies and he came down to meet me, gallantly carrying Jaie's cell so she couldn't make calls to Aruna or Prajakta. I chose a place, opened the cake and he went to call her. Now obviously she didn't expect me and as far as I remember her first reactions she was even afraid to sit on the chairs in front of me!!! But then, the ice was thawed without saying much. I refused to sing Happy Birthday for decency's sake. The day did end on a very good note and I hope our new found friendship grows to greater heights.

P.S. Jaie - I need the Pic you took to put up here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment